An audio and video technician is a professional who specializes in the installation, maintenance, and repair of audio and video equipment. They work in a variety of settings, including recording studios, concert venues, theaters, broadcasting stations, and corporate offices.
The duties of an audio and video technician can vary depending on their specific role and the type of equipment they work with, but may include:
- Installing and configuring audio and video equipment, such as microphones, speakers, cameras, and projectors.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and resolving them quickly to minimize downtime.
- Testing and calibrating equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Collaborating with other professionals, such as sound engineers and lighting designers, to coordinate the use of equipment for live events or recording sessions.
- Maintaining and repairing equipment to extend its lifespan and ensure its functionality.
- Staying up-to-date with new technology and industry trends to provide the best possible service to clients.
To become an audio and video technician, you may need to have a degree or certification in a related field, such as audio engineering, video production, or electronics. You should also have strong technical skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you may need to have experience with specific types of equipment or software, depending on the job requirements.
Applications are invited for the following job vacancies at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
- Audio & Video Technician
Closing Date: 2023-03-12
|Advertisement in English